ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Test failing: testReplace(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ReplaceRegExpTest)
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 14:47:56 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Patrick Heck <patrick.heck@olin.edu> wrote:
>
> > I just did a checkout, build, and build test of ANT_15_BRANCH, and
> > the test run failed (pasted below). I am thinking that build.xml
> > probably is failing to check for the existance of a regexp package
> > before deciding to run the test.
>
> Looks just fine for me.

hmm wonder what differs.

> Have you compiled Ant yourself?

Yes that is the point. I try to do the following every few days to make sure
I am working under the latest greatest code. (up until now I have been
taskdefing my task in to make this easy. I am now at the point of actually
inserting it into the code base to make patches and such.)

My 100% clean and happy update routine...
1 copy my jakarta-ant directory elsewhere for backup.
2 cvs checkout a fresh copy of the source.
3 build.sh
4. then to make sure the copy I just checked out isn't broken (much) I do
build.sh test.
5. (report any failures)
6. (rename the failing test)
7. (build.sh clean)