ant-dev mailing list archives

From Craeg K Strong <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject xmlParserAPIs.jar vs xml-apis.jar
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 20:05:35 GMT
Hello:

What a mess!   Who knows if those two classes are important or not...

Of course, all of the Ant tests run without them (I removed xmlParserAPIs.jar
and everything ran find on both Win32 and Linux with xml-apis.jar)

but who knows what 3rd party code would break in unexpected ways if we didn't
include them. >:-(

Perhaps the Xalan people would give us a more up to date xml-apis.jar that
includes those two classes?  Then we could avoid bundling xmlParserAPIs.jar

Also, I like the idea of xalan.jar in lib/optional   As you say, it is not
required, but isn't that the point of the optional directory?

You include junit.jar if you want to run the tests
You include xalan.jar if you want to run the Xslt tests or use <xslt>

While it is not required, it would be a virtuous thing to do, especially since
it would be a version that is guaranteed to work with the bundled version
of xml-apis.jar    It would therefore probably prevent lots of support
questions/emails/spurious bug reports.  Ne c'est pas?

--Craeg