ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Name attribute in Manifest file
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 12:55:49 GMT
H, Sugumaran (CORP, GEITC) wrote:
> Jar snippet..
>
> <jar 	jarfile = "${cs.projects.root.dir}/${cs.common.jarEdit.name}"
> 			manifest =
> "${cs.projects.root.dir}/Builds/jaredit.mf"
>
> 	<fileset dir = "${cs.projects.root.dir}">
> 	<include name = "lib/CSUtilities.jar"/>
> 	<include name = "lib/xerces.jar"/>
> 	</fileset>
> </jar>
>
> and the content of Manifest file is
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Name: com/
> Class-Path: . ./lib/CSUtilities.jar ./lib/xerces.jar
> Main-Class: com.ge.gxs.icp.cs.util.JarEdit
> Specification-Title: JarEdit
> Specification-Version: 1.0
> Specification-Vendor: GE Global eXchange Services
> Package-Vendor: GE Global eXchange Services
>
> error message is
>
> [jar] Manifest is invalid: Manifest sections should start with a "Name"
> attribute and not "Class-Path"
>
> and without the Name attribute in Manifest error message is
>
> [jar] Manifest is invalid: Manifest sections should start with a "Name"
> attribute and not "Class-Path"
>
> Pl. mail me back in caseif you need any more details...

Sugu,

When I run with your manifest, I receive the following warning

[jar] Manifest warning: "Name" attributes should not occur in the main
section and must be the first element in all other sections: "Name: com/"

This warning is correct. Named sections commence with a Name: attribute and
must be separated by a blank line from other sections in the manifest. Your
manifest does nto satisfy this requirement. I was curious as to why I get a
different  error message from you but that may be perhaps due to my use of
1.5Beta1.

When I remove the Name: header I do not receive any errors at all.

Conor

PS. YOu should probably report such problems on ant-user.