ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] ant 1.5b1 RPM advice
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 01:13:15 GMT

Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> As you won't provide those commercial jars packaged, what's the use of
> building related tasks ? A packaged application should not rely on external
> world to work, but on the environment established by its dependencies only.

Well, Weblogic is available for Linux. If I install Ant from an RPM, the
weblogic related tasks should be available so long as I have the
necessary third part libraries.

There is a difference between the dependencies required for an install
and the dependencies which can be utilised, if available at runtime.
Things in the optional jar are generally runtime options, not
install-time options.

Conor