ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Annoncement text for 1.5beta1
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 12:13:35 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> I think someone has to revise the rules that the build file uses to
> decide if something can be build or not without a particular package.

The only rule is that the build should succeed with a fresh checkout and an
empty classpath. There are no other rules.

> My case in point is <wlstart> <wlstop>. The build indicates
> that it requires the weblogic jars, but if you look at the code
> it seems that all it does is calling the correct class name using
> <java>. There is no reason tfor this tasks not to be provided
> as part of the nightly builds, let alone betas.

So, submit a patch. BTW, I assume you mean wlrun. It certainly should be part of
the beta ...
jar tvf optional.jar | grep -i "wlrun"
   6976 Tue Apr 30 19:30:26 EST 2002
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ejb/WLRun.class

.. and it is.

> In amasement, I found that other tasks like <ejbjar> (including
> <weblogic> subelement) are provided as part of nightly builds.

Damn, I'd better fix that now :-) (That's a joke)

Conor