ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5 Beta1 Sneak Preview ready
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 17:07:43 GMT
Hi,

I noticed that my patch to DirectoryScanner has not been applied to the 1.5
Beta Branch. I don't think it was commited anywhere for that matter. There
was some question as to whether my techniques worked consistantly across
platforms, but I did submit it before the branch was created. Since I am
writing a task for my own use that needs this functionality, I would really
like to see this included in the 1.5 release for two reasons:

The patch allowed developers to control whether or not Directory Scanner
follows symlinks (or other non-canonical paths).

1. If it is in the Beta then there is a better chance people will use it and
we will find out if it has problems on system types I don't have access to.

2. It would be much nicer if the system I am setting up on my end used ant
1.5 with my custom task rather than an Ant 1.5, apply this patch, and hope
DirectoryScanner hasn't chaged so it still works, and then use my custom
task. Basically, I don't want to have my system running on a mutated version
of Ant if I don't have to, but something standardized.

3. There was also a suggestion that the feature added to DirectoryScanner
could be propagated up to FileSet to fix a bug. So, maybe it can be added to
the beta branch as part of a bug fix?

Gus