ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <K...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: Ant <project> extension, templatized build files
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 07:40:58 GMT
I've refrained from having mutual dependencies.  I'd even like to check that
the dependencies form a DAG so a project (with subprojects) can be built in
one pass.

I guess all these <ant> and <antcall> made you implement your own logger.
It looks very useful indeed.  Maybe you could extend it to make it more
clear what project a target runs in.  Maybe something like:

super::build:
+- super::init:
+- sub1::build:
|  +- sub1::init:
|  +- sub1::compile:
+- sub2::build:
|  +- sub2::init:
|  +- sub2::compile:
+- super::compile:

I'm not sure if the tree structure really makes it clearer.  Depends on how
much output you have from the individual targets.

What would you like to see examples of?  The template buildfile and the XSLT
stylesheet?  I think I've probably abused XSLT somewhat to achieve the
effect that the input is a stylesheet with tags which should be replaced.
I'm sure there exist template engines with exactly this purpose (maybe
ejen?).

--
knut