ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Albrecht, Matt" <matt.albre...@zilliant.com>
Subject RE: echoproperties
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:14:29 GMT
I seriously considered this, and whether <echoproperties> should be
integrated into <propertyfile>.  However, it seems that <propertyfile> is
designed specifically to modify an existing property file, whereas
<echoproperties> is designed to report a set of properties.  At least,
that's how the documentation makes it look.

The new additions to <echoproperties> seems to add to the task conversion
and filtering capabilities.  To put the conversion into <propertyfile>,
someone would have to change the "file" attribute to a "srcfile" and
"destfile" pair.  Wouldn't they?  Would this be a bad thing?  I dunno.

There's definitely going to be overlap between these property-related tasks.
I guess it's just a matter of finding into which "sphere of influence" each
new feature falls.

-Matt
Try something new.