ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Albrecht, Matt" <matt.albre...@zilliant.com>
Subject Ant 1.6 alpha build problems
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 18:23:14 GMT
This weekend, I was working w/ building Ant 1.6 alpha on Windows 2000.  I
switched between different compilers, and set different "build.compiler"
settings to get some interesting results.

1. o.a.t.a.taskdefs.optional.extention.Extension.java references some
java.util.jar attributes that don't exist in JDK 1.2, but work fine in JDK
1.4.  It works fine w/ JDK 1.1, since build doesn't compile it under 1.1.
The attributes are: EXTENTION_LIST, EXTENTION_NAME, IMPLEMENTATION_URL,
IMPLEMENTATION_VENDOR_ID.  The JDK 1.4 API docs don't specify a "since" tag
on these fields, so I don't know how this will act under JDK 1.3.

2. I tried out the "build.compiler=extJava" property.  JDK 1.1 doesn't like
this.  It looks like the <javac> sticks all the compiler options in a file,
and uses an "@filename" style argument passing in the executable invocation.
JDK 1.1 doesn't support this.  In fact, a quick check of all the JDK javac
options looks like none of the JDK compilers support this.  Is this Jikes
specific?  Perhaps I should try this w/ the Microsoft sdkjava40 compiler
:-).

-Matt
Try something new.