ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Albrecht, Matt" <matt.albre...@zilliant.com>
Subject RE: xmlproperties (was: JUnit writes properties for each testcase )
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 16:35:20 GMT
Darn.  You beat me to it.  However, thanks for the submit!  Especially for
the tests.  Always nice to see more tests.  Shouldn't we change the subject
of this thread?

I looked over the code this weekend.  Overall, looks good.  As for the new
formatting, I was imagining something more generic, similar to how the JUnit
task handles the Formatter: move the actual output code into its own class
(which may be reused easily by other tasks), have two defaults ("xml" and
"text"), and allow for the user to specify their own class if they want
something else.  Of course, that may be overkill for this small task :-)

The "srcfile" is an interesting addition.  I like it.  Will there be a
future need/want to load the XML formatted properties here?

Here are the things that stood out: the property file reading doesn't check
the "failonerror" flag, no document updates :), the loading of the
Properties object from the project Hashtable relies on a JDK 1.2 API
(putAll).

I like your tests.  I couldn't figure a good way to check the XML
generation, but your "indexOf" is good.  My only suggestion is to create the
echoproperties.properties in the "setup" target through the <echo
file="echoproperties.properties"> task, and delete it in the "cleanup"
target.  Yours isn't wrong, but this just eliminates one more external file
dependency in the tests.

I've included my document changes. Due the to the HTML stripping, I've
zipped it up.  Unfortunately, from work my CVS access is blocked by the
firewall, so I couldn't get a proper diff.  Is there an xdocs version I
should be modding for v1.6 instead?

If you want, or if anyone cares, I can submit my weekend work on putting the
formatting into their own classes.

-Matt
Try something new.