ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: ImageManip
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 09:49:09 GMT
Erik, Kevin!

> This is quite cool.  Thanks for sharing.
>
> Since this likely would not make it directly into Ant's
> codebase, are you
> planning on posting it on Sourceforge and open-sourcing it so that its
> available via CVS and can evolve with other developers assistance?

I'd +1 to let this stuff go into our distribution, because:

1st: JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) is a SUN API!

2nd: It makes sense to use in standard builds. For example to generate
version numbers in splash-screens and about-graphics. I think many GUI
developers will find it useful...

3rd: We have so much stuff in our optional tasks, that should be transfered
to the vendors of the related software... The JAI stuff is much nearer to
the Java Core!

IMHO it minimumly should become an optional task!

Greetings,
Chris