ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs UpToDate.java
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 01:43:36 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> Two issues:
>
> 1) if this is a bug fix, why not make it on the 1.5 branch?

Oh crud! -- I thought I updated it to the branch revision -- shoot! Thanks
for catching that.

> 2) I'm pretty sure you just broke <condition> and a nested <uptodate>.
> No?

Nope. <available> works the same way. Didn't grope through it all, but I
assume <condition> takes care of setting the 'property' attribute and so
fulfills the requirement (besides, I did hand-test the little puppy before
I put it through).

Actually, the NPE scared the hell out of me, since I sure never expected
trusty old <uptodate> to do that. That's probably why I forgot to do the
update -- too shook up :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)