ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible bug fix for LoadFile.java
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 18:49:30 GMT
--- Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
> Is there any rule that currently states that
> a property cannot exist with an empty value?
> If so, then you are correct.  Otherwise, no harm
> done.

I'm not sure what you mean. You can set a property to the empty string --
that's what it's doing now. And the harm is that it doing that guarantees
that the property will always be set, even if <loadfile> didn't actually
load anything from the file. IOW: I'm using <loadfile> in combination with
<filterchain>/<linecontainsregexp>, and if the file doesn't contain a line
that matches my regexp, then nothing's actually getting loaded from the
file, and the property shouldn't get set. But the way it is currently, the
property does get set -- to the empty string.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)