ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional PropertyFileTest.java
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 00:07:47 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> We need to set up a mechanism whereby we can have known test case
> failures committed to our CVS tree and a way to run them outside the
> normal "test" and "run-single-test" targets perhaps.

Why outside of that? And isn't the
submit-one-and-a-committer-will-put-it-in the enough of a mechanism? I'm
not sure what you're getting at.

> This way Diane and others can contribute test cases demonstrating
> failures [...]

Er, but doing the testcases stuff is the one thing I'm really bad about
getting around to doing, so I'm not sure why you've specifically mentioned
me in connection with this.

>and we can fix them [...]

And not to put too fine a point on it, and I suppose it's a bit off-topic,
but Diane rarely reports a bug that she doesn't also fix :)  (Actually,
can't think of a bug off-hand, even from when I first started using Ant
back in the fall of 2000, that I ever just reported one without also
either [before I was a committer] offering a fix or [once I was], putting
a fix through for it.)

(But maybe everything's just going down wrong today, since the new mouse I
bought yesterday is almost as broken as the broken it was supposed to
replace <grrrrrr>.)

Off to the store,
Diane

=====