ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional PropertyFileTest.java
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 23:29:25 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> I read the notes about the hesitation, but because no 'value' attribute
> was specified it stayed null because of this:
>
>             private String              value = null;
>
> See?  So I don't understand the confusion about how it got to be null.

There wasn't confusion about how it got to be null in the first place --
the hesitation was about whether it should've still been null by the time
it got to the formatting. IOW, should value have contained the default by
then -- but I didn't have time to walk through it and see if that was what
should've happened or whether it was fine, so that's why I was sitting on
it. No biggee -- call it done.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)