ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor DefaultExecutionFrame.java
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 03:41:46 GMT
On Tue, 28 May 2002 13:20, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2002 12:00, donaldp@apache.org wrote:
> > donaldp     02/05/27 19:00:30
> >
> >   Modified:    container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor
> >                         DefaultExecutionFrame.java
> >   Log:
> >   Ugly hack to put PropertyStore into ServiceManager.
>
> Eww.  What do we need this for?  The cast to DefaultServiceManager breaks
> stuff, eg the ServiceManager used in DefaultEmbeddor.createExecutionFrame()
> is a MultiSourceServiceManager.

yep - Thats why I said it was UGLY ;) It still works (as the MSServiceManager
gets wrapped in DSM later) but I am in middle of reorganizing that stuff.

> >   We really need to get a ServiceRegistry happening ;)
>
> What did you have in mind?

Basically I was thinking that you should be able to pass
* some metainfo object (ie info about type)
* some metadata object (ie instance about instance)
* some factory/locator object (to create component though this could be munged
into metadata)

and the ServiceKernel would create the set of Services in each "scope" and
manage them all from there in a graceful manner.

The ServiceRegistry interface is just the "writing" counterpart to
ServiceManager (like TypeRegistry/TypeManager etc).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald