ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Depends as a task
Date Sun, 26 May 2002 10:13:33 GMT
On Fri, 24 May 2002 18:34, Wannheden, Knut wrote:
> Isn't there a slight difference if the <target> node includes an "if" or
> "unless" attribute?  With the dependencies as tasks (<depend>) I wouldn't
> expect them to be executed, whereas when declared within the "depends"
> attribute I would expect them to execute before the "if" and "unless"
> attributes are evaluated, because that's how Ant does it now, IIRC.

Your right - there is a difference. However under myrmidons model we would
encourage you to use something like

<target name="foo" depends="a">
  <if is-defined="var">
     <depends target="b"/>
     <depends target="c"/>
  </if>
</target>

(ie if and unless become tasks rather than magic attributes on targets),

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald