ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] TaskListener.contextualize()
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 05:34:29 GMT
On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:50, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:38, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering whether we should add a method such as "contextualize()"
> > to the TaskListener interface. This would allow TaskListeners to read
> > propertys out current PropertyStore and all that sort of thing.
>
> What would get passed to contextualize()?  A TaskContext?

Yep.

> > I think I will add it in now - but what do you think - good idea or bad
> > idea?
>
> Seems like a good idea.  See how it goes.

Turned out not to be so good. The question became which TaskContext do you
use? No matter which "scope" you used it never seemed to make sense. Not sure
how we get configuration data from command line to TaskListener. I am
reluctent to use setters as most listeners will not be able to be configured
by a limited number of parameters.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald