ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: exporting classpath references from inner Ant builds to outer Ant builds.
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 10:45:44 GMT
On Thu, 23 May 2002 19:18, James Strachan wrote:
> From: "Erik Hatcher" <>
> > This sounds kinda risky in that a sub-build could stomp on properties (I
> > assume you'd want those exported back up too?) and references that you
> > did expect to be altered.  Do you envision any mechanisms for controlling
> > what gets exported? All references blindly?  Or some selection mechanism?
> Right now I'm prepared to take the risk, as all Maven's properties and
> references are prefixed with 'maven.' ;-)
> However I guess a better approach might be to explicitly say what
> references are required. Maybe something like
> <ant antfile="${maven.home}/build-maven.xml" target="compile"/>
>     <exportReference refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
> </ant>
> I'll have a go at patching the <ant> task...

Be warned that there is virtually no chance of it actually getting into core.
I would suggest you create your own task, taskdef it as <xant /> and use it
in your builds as appropriate. That would be the most effective way to solve
your problem.

Peter Donald

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>