ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/model ModelElementSaxHandler.java ModelElementUtil.java
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 10:24:21 GMT
On Sat, 18 May 2002 14:45, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> Exposing too much?  It's just a couple of utility classes:  A SAX
> ContentHandler that assembles a ModelElement, and a couple of static
> methods.

yep. But thats basically the same as we have over in avalon land wrt
DefaultConfigurationBuilder. We started out with a simple version of that but
quite a few times we have had to change it and it has been ugly the way we
did it (but we needed to do it that way to keep backwards compatability).

> That's not to say there shouldn't be a ModelBuilder service, but even if
> there were it would not be appropriate for everything.  We'd still need
> some util stuff somewhere.  Maybe on ModelElement itself (the non-SAX
> stuff, at least).

The clone tree could probably go on the ModelElement. I will stick it on
unless you get to it first ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald