ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/model ModelElementSaxHandler.java ModelElementUtil.java
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 04:45:49 GMT
On Sat, 18 May 2002 14:16, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2002 14:05, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
> > adammurdoch    02/05/17 21:05:58
> >
> >   Modified:    container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/components/builder
> >                         DefaultProjectBuilder.java
> >   Added:       container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/model
> >                         ModelElementSaxHandler.java ModelElementUtil.java
> >   Removed:     container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/components/builder
> >                         ModelElementSaxHandler.java ModelElementUtil.java
> >   Log:
> >   Move the ModelElement util stuff to interfaces, so that it's visible
> > outside the container classloader.
>
> I owuld rather have a ModelBuilder service/interface that happened to use
> the ModelElement*.java and just expose the interface. I think this change
> is probably exposing waaay too much outside of container :)

Exposing too much?  It's just a couple of utility classes:  A SAX
ContentHandler that assembles a ModelElement, and a couple of static methods.

That's not to say there shouldn't be a ModelBuilder service, but even if there
were it would not be appropriate for everything.  We'd still need some util
stuff somewhere.  Maybe on ModelElement itself (the non-SAX stuff, at least).

Whatever.  Moving this stuff was just a quick fix.  I don't particularly care
where it ends up.

--
Adam