ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject Re: Ant on java 1.4
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 15:16:11 GMT
I just spent a couple of days dealing with essentially this issue  (caused
by the Versant class enhancer only working with 1.1 (45.3) format class
files).  I think it might be useful if the documentation on "target"
included the information that pre-jdk1.4 compilers defaulted to 1.1 and
jdk1.4 defaults to 1.2.  It's hard to know, but I suspect that if I had had
this information handy in the ant docs I would have solved the problem I
was having in minutes not days.  I really didn't imagine that the default
class format didn't keep up with the compiler versions.

Thanks
david jencks