ant-dev mailing list archives

From Marko van Dooren <Marko.vanDoo...@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject JUnit task can work without fighting with jars or taskdefs
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 10:15:26 GMT
First of all, sorry for posting on both lists, but I think developers will be
interested also because they might want to update the documentation.

I managed to get the junit task to work without removing it from optional.jar
and without putting it in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory. My solution might not
be the most elegant and efficient one, but it works without much trouble.

These 3 targets do the job

<!-- Set ANT_OPTS to "" if is doesn't exist yet
      otherwise "${ANT_OPTS}" will be given to the
      java VM -->
<target name="antopts" unless="ANT_OPTS">
  <property name="ANT_OPTS" value=""/>
</target>

<!-- Set classpath correct, fork VM and call second test stage -->
<target name="test" depends="compile,antopts">
  <!-- Add junit.jar and org.jutil.jar to the classpath -->
  <property name="testpath"v
alue="${java.class.path}:${lib}/junit.jar:${lib.dist}/org.jutil.jar"/>
  <!-- Run ant again with a different target, but fork the VM so we can add
  jars to the classpath
   See Ant documentation for reasons why it doesn't work when using <junit>
  directly. -->
  <java classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Main" fork="true"
    classpath="${testpath}">
    <jvmarg line="-Dant.home=${ant.home} ${ANT_OPTS}"/>
    <arg line="test-secondstage"/>
  </java>
 </target>

<target name="test-secondstage" depends="init">
  <!-- perform tests here -->
</target>

I'm not sure whether it is cross-platform or not, I only use linux.

Happy junit testing,

Marko No. 5
--
Jutil.org - Programming as you know it is over
http://org-jutil.sourceforge.net