ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] typelib task
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 02:20:34 GMT
On Sun, 12 May 2002 11:01, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 11 May 2002 20:14, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > Now that we have the <typelib> task, do we want to get rid of the
> > <import> element from the project file
>
> Well I still see them as separate. One of them loads library from a file
> and one loads library from an abstract name.

You're thinking of the <import> *task*, which loads a library from a file.  I
was actually talking about the <import> element at the top of the project
file, which the ProjectBuilder turns into a TypeLib, which the Workspace
turns into a <typelib> task.

Seems that <typelib> does everything that <import> does, and more.  Given
this, we should axe the <import> element - simplifies the project file, and
leaves less stuff to move across to the new model.

--
Adam