ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] ProjectListener
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 00:44:15 GMT
On Sat, 11 May 2002 19:21, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> In fact, it might be useful to get the DefaultTypeManager to use the
> converter on stuff that not castable to the expected class.  Support for an
> ant 1 style TaskAdaptor would fall out of that quite nicely.

I would prefer we dont - at least not now. This introduces more complexity
than we really need. Keep the components simple and assemble them in *smart*
ways rather than having smart components if you get what I mean. It may mean
a little bit of duplication as we evolve but it is far more flexible IMHO.

> > yep. Thats what I am hoping to glom together from what is already sitting
> > in the various avalon products. If we can't get somethign that is 100%
> > what we want we should be able to get 90% from generic container and then
> > have minor customization inside myrmidon.
>
> Yay.  What do we need to do on the myrmidon side of things?

No idea yet ;) I will tell you when I figure it out ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald