ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] ProjectListener
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 02:36:36 GMT
On Sat, 11 May 2002 11:55, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 11 May 2002 11:46, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > Any objections to getting rid of ProjectListener, and replacing it with
> > TaskListener?
>
> I think we should probably keep it around for the time being. Mainly as it
> easier to write a ProjectListener than it is to write a TaskListener. I was
> going to move it from api to framework (and concrete implementations to an
> antlib).

I can live with it moving to framework.  How about in the meantime, we just
add Workspace.addListener( TaskListener ) ?  Then I can get the tests working
again, without waiting for this to get sorted out.

> However that requires that I finish moving the "Project" logic to a task
> (basically moving the stuff) and for that task to read properties from
> context so as to know which ProjectListener to instantiate.

Why would the project task need to know which listener to instantiate?
Wouldn't that still be the app's responsibility (with maybe the embeddor
instantiating on the app's behalf)?

> Currently ProjectListener is instantiated in the container which means it
> would not be possible to "see" the ProjectListener if it was moved to
> framework right away (due to not being able to see Framework ClassLoader
> ... unless thats changed recently).

Framework is currently in the 'common' classloader (from
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/myrmidon/classloader.html), although it should
be in the 'shared' classloader (which we don't have atm).  So it will be
visible to the container.  For now.

> Currently I am working on cleaning up some Avalon stuff and I am going to
> make a proposal so that the services we implement can be shared between
> Myrmidon, Phoenix, Merlin, Fortress, ECM etc. Hopefully that means we can
> rely on a bunch of ex-Cocoon stuff to do some of resource/xml/xslt/other
> magic.

Excellent - what's the plan?  Will we be able use more of the container type
stuff from elsewhere too?

--
Adam