ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] ProjectListener
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 01:55:02 GMT
On Sat, 11 May 2002 11:46, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> Any objections to getting rid of ProjectListener, and replacing it with
> TaskListener?

I think we should probably keep it around for the time being. Mainly as it
easier to write a ProjectListener than it is to write a TaskListener. I was
going to move it from api to framework (and concrete implementations to an
antlib).

However that requires that I finish moving the "Project" logic to a task
(basically moving the stuff) and for that task to read properties from
context so as to know which ProjectListener to instantiate.

Currently ProjectListener is instantiated in the container which means it
would not be possible to "see" the ProjectListener if it was moved to
framework right away (due to not being able to see Framework ClassLoader ...
unless thats changed recently).

Anyways I am slowly working on it and have tried three different ways of doing
ProjectTask. None look any good so I will try again on Monday.

Currently I am working on cleaning up some Avalon stuff and I am going to make
a proposal so that the services we implement can be shared between Myrmidon,
Phoenix, Merlin, Fortress, ECM etc. Hopefully that means we can rely on a
bunch of ex-Cocoon stuff to do some of resource/xml/xslt/other magic.

> TaskToBuildListenerAdapter and moving it to ant1compat?

Thats a kool idea in itself.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald