ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Type Librarys
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 12:33:35 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 2002 20:53, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2002 19:54, Peter Donald wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 May 2002 11:57, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > > Nothing that good.  The goal is to add a 'virtual antlib' layer, to
> > > consolidate how we deal with all the different classpaths and
> > > classloaders we have - things like antlibs, extensions, the myrmidon
> > > api, and ad hoc classpaths.
> >
> > Thats kinda neat. So an antlib == Extension with a descriptor?
>
> Yep.  Looking at what I was planning, it will be a fair bit simpler if I
> axe the antlib/extension split sooner rather than later.  If we're happy
> with this model, I'll make the changes.

+1 from me. However we are going to have to enhance the
ExtensionManager/LibraryManager so that it does caching. ie We need to cache
the name/version/spec of each library outside library so that we don't have
to scan all the manifests which can be a costly operation. Everytime a jar
changes, is added or disapears we update the cache file and go from there.

> I wonder if we want to do away with the .atl filenames, and just make
> everything a .jar?

+1

--
Cheers,