ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Type Librarys
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 12:30:16 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 2002 21:14, Rob Oxspring wrote:
> Surely "antlet" would be the most Java-esque name.

I like that ;)

> Really can't decide which should win the dull+descriptive vs kooky debate
> though.
>
> :o)

Comes down to how much baggage we want to inherit from existing terminology or
names. ie Whenever I am talking about Java "Optional Packages/Extensions" I
basically have to point people at relevant spec page because it is
meaningless generic term (and inconsistent with other java terminology).

Terms like "jar",  "servlet" or "EJB" held no meaning prior to being used and
thus carried no baggage. You either knew what they were or you didn't.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald