ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Type Librarys
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 10:31:33 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 2002 19:43, Peter Donald wrote:

> > 1) Types/TypeLibs can be registered under a namespace, which *may* be
> > taken from the AntlibDescriptor (say, an AntLib name attribute), but can
> > also be specified in other ways (eg <typelib library="ant1compat"
> > namespace="ant1"/>)
>
> I would prefer it to be based on the name of the antlib (ie internal name
> specified in manifest).

As in the 'extension-name' attribute, or something else?  Using extension-name
fits nicely with the antlib == extension + descriptor model.

> I suppose we could support aliasing

We already support aliasing on <typelib>, <import> and the various -def tasks

(though the attribute is called 'namespace' rather than 'namespace-alias').
You should check out the patch - It's very cool.

--
Adam