ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] ant 1.5b1 RPM advice
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 09:33:49 GMT
Ainsi parlait Lundi 6 Mai 2002 17:06, GOMEZ Henri :
> >As you won't provide those commercial jars packaged, what's the use of
> >building related tasks ? A packaged application should not
> >rely on external
> >world to work, but on the environment established by its
> >dependencies only.
> I agree but jakarta rpm users may complains if they don't
> find optional tasks for there vaj, weblogic...
So why bother by building from source if you just want to provide a complete
standalone application as a working rpm ? Just use original binaries as
source, as we do with all our non-free packages.
Guillaume Rousse <>
GPG key

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>