ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5 Beta1 Sneak Preview ready
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 14:15:26 GMT
On Mon, 6 May 2002 14:32, Michael McCallum wrote:
> the danger is that the order of the jars depends upon the ordering of a
> list of items from the ant/lib directory so the classes used may be
> different on different platforms.

Exactly, and it's just not great to have multiple versions of the same .class
files in your classpath, if you can avoid it. Some of my least fun Java
experiences have been tracking down LinkageErrors with JAXP, caused by
different versions of JAXP classes in different places - I don't wish the
experience on anyone. ;)

--
ciao,
Daz