ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Selectors documentation and a Reference bug fix
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 19:54:49 GMT
--- Bruce Atherton <> wrote:
> Here is the documentation on Selectors, [...]

This is the first time I've had a chance to look through (okay, more like
glance through, since today's a busy day) this stuff, so forgive me if I'm
a bit late in making the following suggestions:

  - For consistency, wouldn't <selectset> be better than <select>?

  - Also, I think I'd rather see the nested element names drop the
    "select" part, since I think it's a bit redundant to have
    <containsselect>, <dateselect>, etc., when it's already clear
    it's a selector since it's nested in a <select> (or <selectset>,
    if you agree with my first suggestion). Plus, the element names
    get harder to read and to type.

(BTW: The attributes table for the <containselect> element looks to have a
pick&put error.)

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>