ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] ant 1.5b1 RPM advice
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 15:00:51 GMT
Ainsi parlait Lundi 6 Mai 2002 16:36, GOMEZ Henri :
> Hi to all (JPP/JK)
>
> I've got a little problem with ant 1.5b1 source,
> since I want to have optional added to the
> rpm but lack the needed commercials jars.
>
> Alternative are :
>
> - start the build, and replace the generated
>   optional by one grabbed from the one in binary
>   tarball.
>
>   In such case, I'll have to include both source and binary in
>   rpm, and to reduce rpm size, I'd rather like to have optional.jar
>   available (and signed) in download dir
>
> - Use InterfaceFaker from Jon (and ask Jon how it works ;)
>

> Thanks for your advices...
As you won't provide those commercial jars packaged, what's the use of
building related tasks ? A packaged application should not rely on external
world to work, but on the environment established by its dependencies only.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html