ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 12:29:29 GMT
Ainsi parlait Vendredi 3 Mai 2002 10:41, Stefan Bodewig :
> On Thu, 2 May 2002, Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > You have to take cares java environment used matches the java
> > command (aka you don't want to use ibm sdk 1.3 java with sun sdk 1.4
> > tools.jar) right ?
>
> You can do so right now - but I'm not sure why you'd want to do so 8-)
> Running Kaffe with Sun's classes?  I really don't know.
OK, there is a miscomprehension here.

I was refering to the current behaviour of the set_jvm function to look first
a defined JAVA_HOME, then use automatically $JAVA_HOME/bin/java as the
command (what i was calling "defining the command from the environment), and
fallback to look for java in PATH, then define JAVA_HOME as the grandparent
:-) directory of its location (what i was calling "defining the environment
from the command"). I just wasn't aware of other jdk layouts, and thought
JAVACMD was only a way to define jvm flags.

So you can forget my previous remark, and a specific function should be added.
However, i 'd prefer to have it called set_cmd or set_command, and variable
JAVA_CMD or JAVA_COMMAND, for overall coherency.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html