ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5 Beta1 Sneak Preview ready
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 03:37:04 GMT
On Mon, 6 May 2002 11:58, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I certainly can't speak to all the issues with the different API
> implementations and all that, but I'm a big +1 on shipping with Xalan - it
> will make using <style> easier and also <junitreport>.
>
> Although I've got xalan.jar (v 2.1.0), xercesImpl.jar, and
> xmlParserAPIs.jar in my ANT_HOME/lib and all seems to be working fine, at
> least with <junitreport>.
>
>     Erik

Hmmm.

Could you try it with the <style> task?
Here's what happens for me, with XalanJ - 2.3.1.
1) Clean 1.5Beta install - execute project with <style> task (myrmidon)
    ==> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/ErrorListener
2) Copy xalan.jar into ant/lib
    ==> Same error
3) Copy xml-apis.jar into ant/lib
    ==> Success, but now we have multiple copies of JAXP classes in ant/lib,
with slightly different versions. This, IMHO, is dangerous.
4) Remove xmlParserAPIs.jar
    ==> Still works.

I haven't tried <junitreport>, but if it uses xalan, it should be a similar
story. Maybe earlier versions of xalan (like 2.1.0) included the JAXP files
within the xalan.jar itself. That would explain the differences between our
observed behaviour. Or maybe the JAXP transform classes are in your
classpath?

--
ciao,
Daz