ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant <project> extension, templatized build files
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 03:40:40 GMT
On Sat, 4 May 2002 01:12, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> Very interesting Peter! Thanks for sharing that with us. Quick question
> though. Why is 'call-project-target' applying <style> to the sub-project
> (before calling the sub-project's target) instead of simply having
> 'for-all-projects' depend on 'build-files'?

I suspect that originally there was more magic that was being done with each
build file. This is no longer the case so we can get rid of it. As matter of
fact we can inline the whole call-project-target "target" and get rid of an
extra layer of antcalls.

> And both 'for-all-projects' and
> 'call-project-target' appear to be _private_ targets, not to be called
> directly from the command line, so shouldn't you rename them
> '-for-all-projects' and '-call-project-target' to prevent it?

works for me.

I will chage the build file to behave like you suggested.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald