ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject RE: Ant <project> extension, templatized build files
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 21:49:30 GMT
--- Chad Loder <> wrote:
> Currently I'm just struggling with getting mutual dependencies
> to execute at most once (GNUmake style) while retaining the
> abilitiy to use and <antcall>. Hrm... :)

The only way I know of to do that when you use <ant>/<antcall> is to have
the target set a <target_name>.done property and have the target do an
'unless' on it -- e.g.:

<target name="init" unless="init.done">
   <property name="init.done" value="true"/>

Of course, this only works if 'inheritAll' isn't set to "false". Also, I
recommend using NoBannerLogger, so you don't end up with all those empty
"init:" blocks in the output (Ant1.5 has an ANT_ARGS env var you can set
so you don't have to type the whole long thing everytime you run 'ant'.)

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message