ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 09:34:32 GMT
Ainsi parlait Jeudi 2 Mai 2002 21:06, GOMEZ Henri :
> What strategy for the upcoming ant 1.5b1 rpm ?
>
> The ant script I found in source tarball have
> support for :
>
> /etc/ant.conf, rpm_mode, usejikes
>
> But there is a bug in rpm_mode !
>
> # in rpm_mode get ant/optional/xml parser&api from JAVALIBDIR
> if $rpm_mode; then
>   JAVALIBDIR=/usr/share/java
>   for i in ant ant-optional jaxp_parser xml_apis
>   do
>     if [ -z "$LOCALCLASSPATH" ] ; then
>       LOCALCLASSPATH=$JAVALIBDIR/$i.jar
>     else
>       LOCALCLASSPATH="$i.jar":"$LOCALCLASSPATH"
>     fi
>   done
>
> LOCALCLASSPATH="$i.jar":"$LOCALCLASSPATH"
> should be
> LOCALCLASSPATH="$JAVALIBDIR/$i.jar":"$LOCALCLASSPATH"
>
> ;)
>
> BTW: do we agree on FHS use /var/lib/ant and /usr/lib/ant ?
No. But i still didn't had a look at incoming version, and won't until this we
:-(

Even if we reverted to $ANT_HOME strategy, for compatibility purposes, i'd
like to use an unified policy for this, aka always use the same directory for
$SOMETHING_HOME, be it tomcat, xindice, or ant. And the best candidate are
/etc/ant (as apache use /etc/httpd), or /usr/share/ant instead of
/usr/lib/ant (non-platform specific code).

And i don't see the need of storing any state for ant, so the need of using
something in /var. If it is configuration, /etc/ant is much indicated.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html