ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 14:31:18 GMT
Ainsi parlait Jeudi 2 Mai 2002 16:22, Stefan Bodewig :
> On 02 May 2002, Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:
> > As I wrote in another thread, that's one line in java-functions list
> > of jvms to test if we agree on java-functions use.
>
> Yes, saw it, thanks.
>
> > Could you check the java-function in the jpackage-utils rpm if its
> > suitable for ant commit ?
>
> The only problem I see is set_jvm which would need to be modified to
> deal with JAVACMD as well.  JAVACMD enables Ant users to run a version
> of Java that is different from the one in PATH without setting
> JAVA_HOME at the same time.
You have to take cares java environment used matches the java command (aka you
don't want to use ibm sdk 1.3 java with sun sdk 1.4 tools.jar) right ?  So,
what differences makes defining the environment from the command (JAVACMD) ,
or defining the command from environment (JAVA_HOME) ?

> Oh, and JAVA_HOME=`dirname $java`/.. will probably need some quotes
> at least around $java (I'm learning, you see ;-).
Right :-)
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html