ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 11:15:36 GMT
Le mar 07/05/2002 à 12:26, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> On 06 May 2002, Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:
>
> >         * moved user ant conf from ~/.antrc to ~/.ant/etc/ant.conf
>
> -1
>
> Add ~/.ant/etc/conf would be OK, but not completely replacing it.
> Backwards compatibility.

Ok, didn't new ~/.antrc was already in use. Will also source it then

> >         * added $ANT-HOME/classes to ant classpath à la tomcat did
> >         * the logical thing and added ~/.ant/classes and ~/.ant/lib
> >         * to ant classpath.
>
> That's OK with me, but then ant.bat will certainly need the same
> magic.  What dot the other committers think?

Well, if these folders don't exist they won't be used ; and if they do,
well that's certainly the right thing to do IMHO, I'm not changing
policy just coding some obvious extensions.

Anyway time for a new dump :
        * re-started sourcing ~/.antrc
        * changed test "rpmmode=true" to "standalone=false" since
          jpackage rpms aim at a correct & standard setup, if someone
          (like debian) thinks we abuse a standard we should fix the our
          rpms and ant scripts, not introduce distro-specific hacks in
          original jakarta ant scripts. Ideally standalone=false should
          work for all standard packaged ants, be it rpms or debs (cc to
          debian-java@lists.debian.org if they want to chime in)

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot