ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 10:19:57 GMT
Le ven 03/05/2002 à 11:34, Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
> Ainsi parlait Jeudi 2 Mai 2002 21:06, GOMEZ Henri :

> Even if we reverted to $ANT_HOME strategy, for compatibility purposes, i'd
> like to use an unified policy for this, aka always use the same directory for
> $SOMETHING_HOME, be it tomcat, xindice, or ant. And the best candidate are
> /etc/ant (as apache use /etc/httpd), or /usr/share/ant instead of
> /usr/lib/ant (non-platform specific code).

Ok. I've checked again, as may apps use /usr/share as /usr/lib, so so be
it. lsb uses /lib for its scripts.
/etc is also ok if we want all scripts exposed in /usr/bin, and lib is
symlinked to something else.

> And i don't see the need of storing any state for ant, so the need of using
> something in /var. If it is configuration, /etc/ant is much indicated.

Problem is, configuration is done mac-style by dropping jars in a
standard folder. I don't want jars in /etc, this would break to many
things (including typical sizing of /etc partitions). So /var/lib/is a
good candidate, since it's here to get content that is intended to
change (as conf is prone to).

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot