ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 10:31:36 GMT
Le jeu 02/05/2002 à 11:54, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> On 02 May 2002, Nicolas Mailhot <> wrote:
> > Le jeu 02/05/2002 à 11:33, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> >>
> >> "Ant's" is not and this is for a reason - JAVA_HOME/lib/ext isn't
> >> recursive either.
> >
> > Ok. If you really think being recursive is bad, that's just a switch
> > in find.
> We should do that.  We also need to check whether it does what we want
> it to do on Cygwin (I cannot test it myself).

Ok, unrecursed classpath builder and jikes osx jikespath

> * You need to merge in Diane's Darwin hack (of course I can do that
> myself, but as you are volunteering 8-)

As I wrote in another thread, that's one line in java-functions list of
jvms to test if we agree on java-functions use.
> * The default location for java-functions should be in ANT_HOME/bin,
> not ANT_HOME/lib

Did it

> * we need your version of java-functions to commit it at the same time
> 8-)

Could you check the java-function in the jpackage-utils rpm if its
suitable for ant commit ? (of course the list still misses the OSX jvm
define and the set_javacmd but I can add them quickly if you agree on
the core script)

> * putting tools.jar at the front rather then the end of CLASSPATH at
> least needs some more discussion.  I cannot see any problems with
> this approach, but maybe others do.

I guess if no one manifests himself we'll just have to commit it as is.

Nicolas Mailhot

View raw message