ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject RE: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 10:13:39 GMT
Le jeu 02/05/2002 à 11:55, GOMEZ Henri a écrit :
> What about ANT_HOME in jakarta/jpp rpm case ?
>
> Should we create a /usr/share/ant dir and make it
> ANT_HOME.
>
> In that case we should have the following layout (FHS ?)
>
> /usr/bin/ant
> /usr/bin/antRun
>
> /usr/share/java/ant.jar
> /usr/share/java/ant-optional.jar
>
> /usr/share/ant/bin/
> /usr/share/ant/bin/antRun -> /usr/bin/antRun

While this would work lsb functions location in /lib and RH packaging of
mozilla scripts in /usr/lib/mozilla strongly hints ant/bin should go in
/usr/lib/ant/bin. So it might be better to use /usr/lib/ant as ANT_HOME,
with /usr/lib/ant symlinked to /var/lib/ant.

Note that right now I don't parse ANT_HOME/lib in rpm case, if everyone
agree on this layout I just might (I was thinking about doing it, justs
didn't want to get too many proposals on my hands).

> /usr/share/ant/lib/
> /usr/share/ant/lib/ant-optional.jar -> /usr/share/java/ant-optional.jar

Since this one is designed to allow classpath config, I'd say it belongs
more in /var/lib/ant

> Exact ?
>
> BTW: if the ant-optional.jar is splitted in many sub-jars, we should
>      place them all in /usr/share/ant/lib/

My proposal :

ANT_HOME=/usr/lib/ant

/usr/bin/ant
/usr/bin/antRun
/usr/lib/ant
/usr/lib/ant/lib -> /var/lib/ant
/usr/lib/ant/bin/ant -> /usr/bin/ant
/usr/lib/ant/bin/antRun
/var/lib/ant
/var/lib/ant/ant.jar -> /usr/share/java/ant.jar
/var/lib/ant/ant-optional.jar -> /usr/share/java/ant-optional.jar
/var/lib/ant/jaxp-parser.jar -> /usr/share/java/jaxp-parser.jar

and so on

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot