ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 07:53:59 GMT
Le mar 30/04/2002 à 17:42, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> On 29 Apr 2002, Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:
> > Le lun 29/04/2002 à 12:58, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
>
> >> (2) replacing
> >>
> >> if [...] then
> >>   command
> >> fi
> >>
> >> with [...] && command
> >>
> >> While (2) is a question of style (and I prefer ours, YMMV),
> >
> > Well, (2) is mostly to shrunk the size of these ifs,
>
> No strong feelings here, I still prefer indentation to show what's
> going on, that's all.
>
> >> I'm totally opposed to removing the AIX hack as it would break
> >> backwards compatibilty.  People don't need to set JAVACMD on AIX
> >> right now.
> >
> > Well, as you've wrote it's a hack and I really don't think we should
> > support all non-standard jvm layouts in the main script (plus it's a
> > hellhole when you have many application scripts to support like we
> > do at jpackege).
>
> >From a jpackage point of view, you are right.  From an Ant point of
> view, backwards compatibility forces us to keep the hack now and for
> the foreseeable future.
>
> > so this hack could be shared with tomcat and other java apps.
>
> fine with me.

Good

> > If core ant jars (i.e the jaxp parser) are loaded in the classpath
> > after the local classpath
>
> Nit 1: Ant's script puts the jar from ANT_HOME/lib to the front.

Well, I'm afraid the non-jpackage rpm I had on my box didn't.

> > and the local classpath contains saxon jars the style task will bomb
> > because it will detect the Ælfred parser first, and this parser is
> > not supported.
>
> Nit 2: Ælfred is supported in 1.5.

That's great. However Henri wanted me to test this script with 1.4, and
who can tell if we won't have the same kind of bug later ?

Anyway the new (new) classpath builder is recursive and works with ant
installations in "New ant" and jars like "I love spaces.jar", so please
consider it.

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot