ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ara Abrahamian" <ara_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Ant <project> extension, templatized build files
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 15:41:13 GMT
Btw, maybe completely offtopic, but...

Do you have any plans to let us use a simple scripting language like
rhino in Ant? You know it's hard to program sophisticated builds with
those if/unless/condition/blabla tags. I want to be able to do something
like this when needed:

<target name="blabla" depends="dada">
	<script language="rhino">
		if( project.getProperty("x.y.z").startsWith("foo") )
	<script/>
</target>

Or basically a simple scriplet mechanism for using in cases where the
built-in xml-ish tasks can't help.

Or is it already implemented somewhere?

Cheers,
Ara.