ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ImageManip
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 16:26:58 GMT

> >>seems to fit nicely with  the ANT framework.  See where I'm coming from
> >>with this? :)
> >>

> >sort of
> >
> Lets say you're working for a company with multiple products that all
> share the same template image for their company logo.  The marketing
> dept comes to you and insists that you do the following for each splash
> screen:
>
> Take the template company logo image and insert a different product logo
> per product to the precise location (precise down to the pixel, and yes
> there are people who are this picky....).  Then take the resulting image
> and draw the product name, version, build # and date, and rotate that
> slighty by 5 degrees.
>
> Are there any existing utils that allow you to do this without either
> writing a shell script or coding your own executable specific for the
> task?  I haven't been able to find one.... and I think it'd be
> incredibly useful.  Especially if a wide assortment of ANT users develop
> servlet based apps.  You can also throw some more twists to the story,
> like add a certain border, or background, alpha layer, etc to make the
> task more difficult.  Is there an existing automated solution to this?

yeah, that makes sense. You are using ant as your workflow language for
image manip.

Actually I always thought about doing an image scale task for doing some of
my photo processing before publishing, and we do have an <imagediff> task
that takes two jpegs, diffs them into a jpeg to highlight differences, and
can throw a buildexception if the two images dont match. Regression testing
on the old SVG, see.