ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: OS X and ant: Announce: new build of osxize ant task and utility
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 21:46:31 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian McFarland" <ian@neo.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: "Ian McFarland" <ian@neo.com>; "Alex Chaffee" <alex@neo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 1:24 PM
Subject: OS X and ant: Announce: new build of osxize ant task and utility

> Hi dev list folks:
>
> I posted the following to ant-user. I also wanted to let the dev folks
> know that we'll be going through the submission guidelines to make our
> source code conformant with them, and adding tar output support (using
> the tar task) so that compatible binaries can be built on Windows (which
> doesn't have the needed execute bit.)
>
> I also packaged up ant 1.3 into an OS X installer a while back. I'd be
> happy to do that for 1.4, and 1.5 when it's ready, and generally
> maintain them. You can download the ant 1.3 installer here:
>
> http://www.javaosx.com/resources/ant-installer-1.3.tgz
>
> I haven't announced it elsewhere, because I wanted to talk to you dev
> list folks about it first. I did mention it to Steve Loughran when I met
> him last week, and he was encouraging about it. Take a look, and let me
> know if this is something you'd like me to maintain.

I think I must have mentioned something about us sending all macos related
bugreps your way too Ian, right?

> Not sure yet if it
> can be integrated into the build process. The OS X installers do have a
> proprietary archive format. Maybe we can get more info on that from
> Apple, though.

What would be good, right now, would be
a) someone to run the full ant test suite on an OS X box,
b) someone to take a look at any/all OSX related defects on the list (I
think there is something wrt jikes and empty dirs), and fix any that show up

hint hint

-steve