ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant <project> extension, templatized build files
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 17:50:36 GMT
From: "Chad Loder" <cloder@acm.org>

> Matt, that's a good idea which hadn't occurred to me. The
> only problem I can see is, how to refer to the
> clean.inc.xml file in a generic way (no matter
> where you are in the build tree). Can't be done
> with properties because the entity references
> are obviously low level XML processing instructions.
>
> And this is where ant templating would be useful: to
> be able to pull in target definitions from other files.
>
> Erik Hatcher, are you listening? :)

I'm also using entities to include targets, but it's an ugly hack, and
antidote complains lowdly.

Having a possibility of importing targets would be wonderful! :-)

Oh, and also define pre and post global targets.

Having to write depends="-init" for all targets is a real PITA!  X-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -