ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
Subject Re: changing the main initialization procedure
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 06:51:31 GMT
From: "Wannheden, Knut" <>

> > What about creating a "controller" build file that is responsible for
> > creating the templated build files and invoking them?  That
> > is the 'hack'
> > solution idea, I suppose.
> >
> That way you probably would have to use system properties to tell the
> controller what buildfile to create and finally what target to invoke on
> This would make it kind of hard to use the command line interface.  Of
> course I could provide my own CLI.  But also if I use the <ant> task I
> have to go through the controller and pass properties for buildfile and
> target.
> My goal is it to make it as easy as possible for the user to use the build
> mechanisms.  Of course many users would probably object that something as
> intransparent as I'm trying to do is easy...

Peter Donald (have to use full name because this list is soooo full ;) , any
hint on how to include a basic templating mechanism with current Ant?
I recall you favor templating, and I'm sure you can help us (I'm interested
too) and give us some advice.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
            - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>